To ensure that the delivery of the programme is clear, transparent, auditable and community led, its governance is being managed through a range of decision processes and consist of a number of groups, each with their own remits. These groups are:
The role of the Oversight Group is to ensure partnership working, strategic alignment of programmes and ensure the timely delivery of the Levenmouth Reconnected Programme. The group meets quarterly and their main responsibilities are:
- Ensure the Levenmouth Reconnected Programme reflects the expectations, as referenced in the August 2019 announcement, regarding key aspects and the integration of travel options associated with the railway line and services.
- Lead the delivery of the programme by allocating spend, agreeing and approving initiatives and proposals until all resources are allocated or programme completion.
- Secure a viable legacy for the wider Levenmouth area and communities from the investment associated with the delivery of the railway line and services,
- Oversee the activities of the Working Group through receiving regular reports on activity, exceptions and progress, establishing actions for the group and ensuring appropriate membership is maintained to facilitate delivery.
The focus of the Working Group is to develop and deliver a delivery programme, in liaison with the Oversight and Task Groups, and ensure that all projects are approved through the Levenmouth Area Committee. This group meets every six weeks and their main responsibilities are:
- Develop and deliver the Levenmouth Reconnected Programme to its completion or, cessation of the group, whichever is first.
- Integrate connectivity options associated with the railway line and services that will receive the buy in from partners, businesses, and the community.
- Lead the delivery of the programme by recommending initiatives and proposals to the Oversight Group until all resources are allocated or programme completion.
- Ensure economic and social opportunities are maximised by the programme through the application and approval process with continued monitoring and evaluation and reporting of approved significant projects.
- Ensure climate action is taken that adapts to the effects of climate change whilst helping deliver our net zero target and maximises the quality of the built and natural environment.
- Link with other programmes such as the Leven Programme and the Levenmouth Railway reopening to the benefit of the locality and avoid duplication or the possibility of missed opportunities.
The Task Group is chaired by the Convenor of the Levenmouth Area Committee and comprises of the elected members for wards 21 and 22, local community councils of the wider Levenmouth area and the Levenmouth Rail Campaign group, with other attendees as needs arise.
The group is focussed on ensuring that the community is at the heart of decision making and all initiatives/proposals reflect their aspirations. It will assist in the development and assessment of projects with a view to preparing funding submissions to the Working Group.
The main responsibilities of the Task Group are to:
- Engage with the wider Levenmouth community, its groups, local people and businesses to ensure strong participation in the development and delivery of the programme, encouraging local community ownership.
- Maintain a strong link and engagement with the local area committee for decision-making in support of the delivery of the programme activity and spend.
- Support the delivery of the programme by championing initiatives and proposals to the Oversight Group until all resources are allocated or programme completion. proposing and developing initiatives / proposals that ensure local relevance and ownership. These will seek to maximise the economic and social opportunities by the programme allowing their continued monitoring and evaluation and reporting of approved significant projects.
- Link with other programmes such as the River Leven programme and the Leven railway reopening to the benefit of the locality and avoid duplication or the possibility of missed opportunities.
Levenmouth Area Committee
The Levenmouth Area Committee has the key local decision-making role on the projects that are progressed through the Levenmouth Reconnected Programme.